- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 slices whole wheat or white bread, cubed
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. Add egg, onion, chili sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce; mix thoroughly. Add ground beef; mix well. Shape meat mixture into an 8-in. x 4-in. oval.
- Bake in a shallow pan at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until no pink remains. Drain. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Classic Meat Loaf
Sort By :
Sometimes simple is best because you usually have all the ingredients on hand and the dish comes together quickly. Also, this recipe only contains ingredients that enhance the flavor of beef and you end up with a meat loaf that tastes just like you?re expecting it to taste. The end result was juicy, soft in texture not tight, sliced and held together really well and was just delicious. Paired it up with mashed potatoes and roasted zucchini from my yard. This is going to be my go to meat loaf recipe.
After trying this recipe just once, my husband and kids got excited when hearing the word 'meatloaf'. If there are any leftovers, they are usually gone the next day. Awesome recipe and very easy!
My husband and I enjoyed this meat loaf; will make again.
Well I would leave out the hot sauce and chili sauce-maybe use ketchup instead but this sounds really good
This is really the best meatloaf I've ever made. I didn't have chili sauce on hand so ketchup was substituted and was great. Thanks for the recipe it's a keeper!