Classic Marinated Vegetables Recipe
—Elizabeth Powell, Elizabethton, Tennessee
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons French salad dressing
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil and salad dressing. Pour over vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 2-3 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 229 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC