—Elizabeth Powell, Elizabethton, Tennessee
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons French salad dressing
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the sugar, vinegar, oil and salad dressing. Pour over vegetable mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Reminisce January/February 2006, p 49
Reviews for Classic Marinated Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2011
"Beautiful, tasty and light summer dish. A big hit at a potluck I brought it to!"