- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with cream cheese. Combine the egg whites, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes until blended. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Classic Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"I do my potatoes earlier in the day then I put mine in the a crock pot on warm setting...frees up oven and stove top..."
"I think it defeats the purpose of making the potatoes ahead of time if you have to use precious oven space to heat them up. But it does look like a great recipe!"
"I only have one oven. How can I bake the potatoes and bake turkey at the same time. I wish I could."
"Family loves this."
"Easy to make and delicious when baked."