- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with cream cheese. Combine the egg whites, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes until blended. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Classic Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"Family loves this."
"Easy to make and delicious when baked."
"Easy and very tasty"
"I have made these potatoes for years and when finished they taste like twice-baked potatoes. Delicious. But I have never seen egg whites in this recipe before and never used them, and low fat cream cheese and sour cream are also a no-no."
"My husband and I had these for dinner tonight. They were great. My husband made them as directed not in the crock pot and it was easy to prepare. Will definitely make them again."