This light holiday staple saves time on Thanksgiving day. No more frantically whipping the potatoes while hungry family and guests hang around the kitchen! —Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 large egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with cream cheese. Combine the egg whites, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes until blended. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home October/November 2009, p41
Reviews for Classic Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review