- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mash potatoes with cream cheese. Combine the egg whites, sour cream, onion powder, salt and pepper; stir into potatoes until blended. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Cover and bake 50 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Classic Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Sort By :
"Easy and very tasty"
"I have made these potatoes for years and when finished they taste like twice-baked potatoes. Delicious. But I have never seen egg whites in this recipe before and never used them, and low fat cream cheese and sour cream are also a no-no."
"My husband and I had these for dinner tonight. They were great. My husband made them as directed not in the crock pot and it was easy to prepare. Will definitely make them again."
"I made this for Christmas and unfortunately my family did not like them at all. The biggest complaint was that they were sticky. I don't know if I did something wrong but will not make they again."
"This recipe came out fantastic, I made it just as directed. For those of you who insist on doing everything in the crock pot, it won't come out the same. Try it as stated, in the oven covered and you will get much better results!"