- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Dash paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, carrot and onion. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg and paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Classic Macaroni Salad
Sort By :
Fantastic! I'm not even a big fan of pasta salads but I cleaned my plate. We don't care for sweet pickle relish so I substituted a minced hot dill pickle with a splash of the juice.
It's good, what I was looking for (macaroni salad from the store). I added a cup more noodles, a tablespoon more mayo and, a tablespoon more relish. Everything else the same. Oh yeah I also used white sugar.
Delicious! I also use real sugar rather than the substitute.
This macaroni salad is great ! I followed it according to the recipe except I used 2 tsp of sugar instead of the sugar substitute.
I rarely make macaroni salad because of all the carbs. Now I will make it more often as this version is delicious. The only thing I changed was to use 1/2 mayo and 1/2 yogurt. Everything else was the same.
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Salad Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Cold Pasta Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >
- Macaroni Salads >
- Pasta Recipes >