From Sardis, Ohio, Dorothy Bayes sends this refreshingly light take on an all-time favorite. It's perfect for a fast weeknight dinner or festive weekend barbecue.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 hard-cooked egg, sliced
- Dash paprika
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Cool completely.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, pickle relish, sugar substitute, mustard, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, celery, carrot and onion. Add dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with egg and paprika. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Classic Macaroni Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p22
Reviews for Classic Macaroni Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review