Classic Lima Bean Casserole
An abundance of homegrown lima beans and leftover sausage inspired me to create this dish more than 20 years ago. It's proven to be a timeless classic.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen lima beans
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a saucepan, cook and crumble sausage until no longer pink; drain.
- add lima beans, carrots, water, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook,
- uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.