Classic Lemon Bars Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually beat in flour until blended.
- 2. Press into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, flour and baking powder until frothy. Pour over crust.
- 4. Bake for 10-15 minutes longer or until set and lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares. Yield: 9 servings.
1 bar equals 250 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Lemon Bars
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.