- for 45 minutes or until thick, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the ricotta, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, egg,
- parsley and remaining pepper.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer a fourth of the
- noodles, a third of the ricotta mixture, a fourth of the meat sauce
- and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Top with the
- remaining noodles, sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 45 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining
- mozzarella; bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 337 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 636 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.