- Remove from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Immediately
- cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is
- completely reduced. Drain bean mixture, reserving 1/2 cup cooking
- liquid. Discard onion and bay leaf.
- Place the beans, parsley, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, salt
- and cayenne in a food processor; cover and process until smooth.
- While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add enough
- reserved cooking liquid to achieve desired consistency.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables.
- Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without vegetables) equals 139 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch.