Classic Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
“This fudgy sauce is scrumptious spooned over French vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with toasted pecans. Actually, I could eat the topping all by itself!” —Karen Willoughby, Oviedo, Florida
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- 2. Stir in butter until melted. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: about 1 cup.
3 tablespoons equals 213 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC