“This fudgy sauce is scrumptious spooned over French vanilla ice cream and sprinkled with toasted pecans. Actually, I could eat the topping all by itself!” —Karen Willoughby, Oviedo, Florida
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine the chocolate chips, milk and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in butter until melted. Cook and stir 5 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: about 1 cup.
Originally published as Hot Fudge Sauce in Country Woman June/July 2008, p37
Reviews for Classic Hot Fudge Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review