Classic German Hamburgers
The bit of nutmeg in the meat mixture adds a subtle Old World flavor to these patties. Serve them with your favorite potato recipe.Virginia Biehler, Fremont, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs,
- seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter
- in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to
- a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions
- and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.