Classic German Hamburgers Recipe
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- 1. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 358 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.