- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Classic German Hamburgers in Country Ground Beef 1993, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Classic German Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"I made these last night for supper and they are really good.Pam"