- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced, separated
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, parsley, eggs, seasonings and flour; mix well. Shape into six patties. Melt butter in a skillet; cook patties to desired doneness. Remove hamburgers to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Cook onion rings in pan juices until soft and golden. Spoon onions and remaining cooking juices over hamburgers. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Classic German Hamburgers in Country Ground Beef 1993, p22
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Classic German Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2009
"I made these last night for supper and they are really good.Pam"