Classic Frosted Pumpkin Bars Recipe
Classic pumpkin bars are a staple for fall get-togethers and always disappear at potlucks and parties.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 30 pumpkin-shaped candies
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; mix well. Spread over top. Cut into 30 bars; top each bar with a pumpkin candy. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 piece equals 274 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 139 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC