Classic pumpkin bars are a staple for fall get-togethers and always disappear at potlucks and parties.—Sandra McKenzie, Braham, Minnesota
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 30 pumpkin-shaped candies
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin and oil; stir into dry ingredients. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat the butter, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; mix well. Spread over top. Cut into 30 bars; top each bar with a pumpkin candy. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Frosted Pumpkin Bars in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p138
Reviews for Classic Frosted Pumpkin Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 30, 2010
"I highly recommend making this in a bigger pan. I was going to do that, but didn't cause I wasn't sure. It tasted great, though!! Love the cloves!!"