Classic Crunchy Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10 ounces) chunk white chicken, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup french-fried onions, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Pour into a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; top with onions. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 276 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 615mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Classic Crunchy Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.