Classic Crisp Sugar Cookies Recipe
Bring back fond memories of baking with mom by whipping up a batch of these classic treats. Simple, yet satisfying, they're a surefire way to create your own memorable baking moments.
- 1-1/2 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- Additional Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream sugar, butter and shortening until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the dough is easy to handle.
- 2. On a powdered sugar-covered surface, roll out dough to 1/8 in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC