Classic Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- 3 large heads cabbage, shredded (about 48 cups)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1. In several large bowls, combine the cabbage and carrots. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into the cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 30-35 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 145 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Classic Creamy Coleslaw
"The garlic powder makes all the difference in this recipe. This is the best colelsaw reipe I have ever found. I do use a bag of coleslaw mix to start and have used cider vinegar sometimes to give it a little more flavor."
"This is truly a great recipe. After it sits so the flavors meld and the cole slaw softens, it may be a little juicy. Just strain as much of the excess sauce as you prefer. Or start with less. I cut the recipe in half and use a bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix you can pick up at any grocery."