Classic Creamy Coleslaw was served with fried chicken for years at an auction near Martha Artyomenko's Beaver Bay, Minnesota home. "When the lady who made this tasty salad move, I contacted her to get the recipe," Martha explains." My friends and I often take this coleslaw to weddings (like the one in the photo above) and other gatherings."
- 3 large heads cabbage, shredded (about 48 cups)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In several large bowls, combine the cabbage and carrots. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into the cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 30-35 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Classic Creamy Coleslaw in Taste of Home April/May 2001, p54
Reviews for Classic Creamy Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review