Classic Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- 3 large heads cabbage, shredded (about 48 cups)
- 3 large carrots, shredded (about 2-1/2 cups)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons celery seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- In several large bowls, combine the cabbage and carrots. In another bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Stir into the cabbage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss before serving. Yield: 30-35 servings (about 3/4 cup each).
Reviews for Classic Creamy Coleslaw
Sort By :
This is truly a great recipe. After it sits so the flavors meld and the cole slaw softens, it may be a little juicy. Just strain as much of the excess sauce as you prefer. Or start with less. I cut the recipe in half and use a bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix you can pick up at any grocery.