Classic Cream Soup Mix
With this easy-to-fix mix, you can make cream soup to enjoy or to use as a substiture for condensed cream soup in a recipe, suggests DeAnn Alleva of Worthington, Ohio.
27 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups instant nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons dried celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients; cover and
- process until vegetable flakes are finely chopped. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 9
- batches (3 cups total).
- For a condensed cream soup substitute: In a 1-qt. saucepan or
- microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/3 cup of soup mix and 1-1/4 cups
- water. Bring to a boil or microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes,
- stirring occasionally. Cool or chill. Use as a substitute for one
- 10-3/4-oz. can of condensed cream of chicken, mushroom or celery
- For 1-1/2 cups of cream soup: In a 1-qt. saucepan or microwave-safe
- bowl, combine 1/3 cup of soup mix and 1-1/2 cups water. Bring to a
- boil or microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes, stirring