Classic Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound fresh or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil, optional
- Lemon slices, optional
In a large bowl, combine the crab, bread crumbs, egg, mayonnaise, vegetables and seasonings. Shape into eight patties. Broil patties or cook in a skillet in oil for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon if desired.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled crab cakes in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, reheat crab cakes on a baking sheet in a preheated 325° oven until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 crab cake equals 282 calories, 22 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Crab Cakes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.