Classic Crab Cakes Recipe
- 1 pound canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup each chopped celery, green pepper and onion
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Lemon slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the crab, bread crumbs, egg, mayonnaise, vegetables and seasonings. Shape into eight patties. Broil patties or cook in a skillet in oil for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with lemon if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Classic Crab Cakes
Sort By :
These were very good with fresh crab and corn bread crumbs!
Very tasty! Whole family loved it
These crab cakes a delicious. I liked the texture that the celery and green pepper added, and the old bay seasoning gave it some punch. I used dry bread crumbs (3/4 cup) instead of soft bread crumbs.
They where excellent. I used olive oil instead of butter and egg whites. I will make them again and again
good basic recipe- the "classic" crab cake