Classic Crème Brulee Recipe
My favorite dessert is Creme Brulee, so I quickly learned how to successfully make this on my own. Recently I was at a party where the guests finished off their own desserts "broiling" the sugar on their portions with a small torch. What a great idea! —Joylyn Trickel
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in vanilla.
- 2. Transfer to eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 3. One hour before serving, place custards on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each with 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 551 calories, 50 g fat (29 g saturated fat), 402 mg cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Crème Brulee
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC