Classic Crème Brulee Recipe
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 9 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brown sugar
- In a large saucepan, combine the cream, egg yolks and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Stir in vanilla.
- Transfer to eight 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in a baking pan; add 1 in. of boiling water to pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until centers are just set (mixture will jiggle). Remove ramekins from water bath; cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- One hour before serving, place custards on a baking sheet. Sprinkle each with 1-2 teaspoons brown sugar. Broil 8 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Classic Crème Brulee
Sort By :
this turned out great! i used half of the vanilla extract and a whole vanilla bean. net time i am going to try either a reduced fat whipping cream or half and half.
I never knew my favorite dessert was so easy to make at home! This has instantly become a favorite for me and my husband.
super duper fatty but totally worth it in moderation
This is the best creme brulee recipe I have ever eaten -- better than 5 star restaurants. One suggestion would be to strain the egg mixture before pouring into ramekins. This makes it extra smooth and creamy. Yes it is rich in calories but worth every bite.