- in flour, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add broth and wine; stir in tomato paste and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes or
- until thickened, stirring occasionally. Stir in peas.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until
- Preheat oven to 400°. Transfer meat mixture into a greased 9-in.
- deep-dish pie plate. Drain potatoes; mash with milk and butter. Stir
- in 1/2 cup cheese, salt and pepper. Spread over meat mixture;
- sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place pie plate on a foil-lined baking sheet (plate will be full).
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 476 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.