- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Add sugar, butter, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir in coconut and pecans; pour into pie shell. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. Cool completely. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Classic Coconut-Pecan Pie
"Easy to make and delicious! My husband wants this pie to be our new holiday tradition! Rich and just the right amount of nuts! Esther"
"This an excellent pie recipe and people really enjoy it. I have made a few for friends and they love it. Just me but, I used light brown sugar and it took it to another level and it added a richness that was even better!"
"I've made this pie since it was first published in Taste of Home. It is a family favorite and I have been asked many times for the recipe."
"If you like a pie that is rich and sweet, this is the one for you. It is good, but in small doses. I substituted almonds for the pecans."