Classic Cobb Salad Main dish Recipe
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Red onion rings, lemon wedges and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Place tomatoes across the center, dividing the bowl in half. On one half, arrange the avocado, ham and eggs in sections. On the other half, arrange the turkey, mushrooms and blue cheese. Garnish with onion, lemon and olives if desired. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Classic Cobb Salad Main dish
Sort By :
I'm a lover of Cobb Salad & tried this one. I'm not fussy about blue cheese, so I used feta cheese instead. I also added 1/2 each of red, green & yellow bell peppers. Next time, I'll also use crumbled cooked bacon in place of the turkey & ham. It went well with my homemade honey mustard dressing.
I made this for my husband and me last weekend, and we both loved it. It has so many different flavors that make your mouth go WOW! We will be making this quite often in our house.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cobb Salads >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Salad Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Salad Recipes >
- Ham Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Salads >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >