Classic Cobb Salad Main dish
Not only is her salad's fresh flavor great—making it is a lot like putting in a garden, tells subscriber Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. "That's because I 'plant' everything in nice,neat sections," she explains, "just like I do in my vegetable garden."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Red onion rings, lemon wedges and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Place tomatoes across the center,
- dividing the bowl in half. On one half, arrange the avocado, ham and
- eggs in sections. On the other half, arrange the turkey, mushrooms
- and blue cheese. Garnish with onion, lemon and olives if desired.
- Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients and salad dressing) equals equals 288 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 637 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.