Not only is her salad's fresh flavor great—making it is a lot like putting in a garden, tells subscriber Patty Kile of Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania. "That's because I 'plant' everything in nice,neat sections," she explains, "just like I do in my vegetable garden."
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Red onion rings, lemon wedges and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Place tomatoes across the center, dividing the bowl in half. On one half, arrange the avocado, ham and eggs in sections. On the other half, arrange the turkey, mushrooms and blue cheese. Garnish with onion, lemon and olives if desired. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Classic Cobb Salad Main dish in Country Woman March/April 1996, p9
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Classic Cobb Salad Main dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review