- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 3/4 cup diced cooked turkey
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Red onion rings, lemon wedges and sliced ripe olives, optional
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Place tomatoes across the center, dividing the bowl in half. On one half, arrange the avocado, ham and eggs in sections. On the other half, arrange the turkey, mushrooms and blue cheese. Garnish with onion, lemon and olives if desired. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Classic Cobb Salad Main dish
"My husband and I really liked this , and I will definitely make it again."
"I made this for my husband and me last weekend, and we both loved it. It has so many different flavors that make your mouth go WOW! We will be making this quite often in our house."