This fast, fudge-like frosting is so fantastic. It even makes cakes from a box mix taste like homemade!
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool until mixture is thickened, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Classic Chocolate Frosting in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p106
Reviews for Classic Chocolate Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review