This fast, fudge-like frosting is so fantastic. It even makes cakes from a box mix taste like homemade!
- 1-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- In a saucepan, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla. Cool until mixture is thickened, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Classic Chocolate Frosting in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p106
Reviews for Classic Chocolate Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2015
"I used this recipe for an angel food cake. It was really quick and good."
Reviewed Feb. 17, 2009
"this is one of the best tasting chocolate frostings I have ever tasted."