Classic Chili Mix Recipe
From Bernice MOrris of Marshfield, Missouri comes a full-flavored chili seasoning that'll heat up your holiday gift-giving. The mix is on the mild side, which is nice for those who aren't partial to extra-spicy food. (To raise the "temperature", just add more chili powder!)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup dried minced onion
- 4 to 6 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup water
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. Combine the first eight ingredients; divide into six batches (a scant 1/2 cup each). Store in airtight containers. Yield: 6 batches.
- 2. To prepare chili: In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in one batch of chili mix, beans, tomatoes, green pepper and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Garnish with sour cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
1 cup: 379 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 75mg cholesterol, 931mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Classic Chili Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC