Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Our neighbors and a friend from back home are always after me to make "those yummy potpies". That's all the encouragement I need, since we really like 'em, too!Ada May Smith, Citrus Springs, Florida.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the vegetables,
- chicken, onions and mushrooms; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt
- butter. Stir in flour and thyme until smooth. Gradually add broth
- and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; trim and
- flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or
- until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as