- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the vegetables, chicken, onions and mushrooms; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and thyme until smooth. Gradually add broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Sort By :
"I make this recipe religiously! My family loves it and its a great way for my kids to get a ton of vegetables. I use fresh mushrooms and add celery for that yummy crunch. Absolutely delicious recipe!"
"I made this tonight because my boyfriend said that he wanted chicken pot pie kfc style. I bought 6 soup mugs and double the recipe and it only filled 5 of the mugs. Everybody raved about this meal and want me to make it again. It is really easy to make."
"This was a good, quick, semi-homemade meal. I think I needed to mix the gravy with the vegetables better. I was in a hurry and just poured it on top and the gravy just sat there and didn't coat evenly. I will try it again and see if I need to adjust my rating. I used chopped onions and veggie broth with chicken bouillion (since I had one opened in the fridge). Tasted fine! Will make again!"
"This was really good! Had leftovers for lunch the next day. Will make again."
"This is delicious. I had some leftover grilled chicken so used that. I also substituted chopped onions for the pearl onions and sliced par cooked fresh mushrooms for the jarred mushrooms. I made this on a very cold night. The aroma while it bakes was enticing and the flavor didn't let us down. I will definitely be making this again."