- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the vegetables, chicken, onions and mushrooms; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and thyme until smooth. Gradually add broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Sort By :
"This is delicious. I had some leftover grilled chicken so used that. I also substituted chopped onions for the pearl onions and sliced par cooked fresh mushrooms for the jarred mushrooms. I made this on a very cold night. The aroma while it bakes was enticing and the flavor didn't let us down. I will definitely be making this again."
"MY COUSIN MADE THIS BEFORE, SO I WILL TRY IT NOW."
"Delicious. I used The Pioneer Woman's recipe for Perfect Pie Crust. Next time, I will do without the pearl onions. I used a 9.5" glass pie dish, and the only modification I had to make was using about half or 2/3rds of the bag of mixed veggies."
"Excellent!! Definitely a keeper!! Easy to fix and far and above any thing you buy in the frozen food section at the grocery store."
"Loved this recipe! Very easy to make and Delicious"