- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2-1/4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a greased deep 2-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine the vegetables, chicken, onions and mushrooms; set aside. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour and thyme until smooth. Gradually add broth and bouillon. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Roll out pastry to fit top of dish. Place over filling; trim and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Bake at 450° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Classic Chicken Pot Pie
Sort By :
"It was really good. I did both the bottom and top crust. Super easy to make too."
"Didn't use pearl onions, red instead, no mushrooms. Delicious. Will be making again!"
"Wonderful and easy to make. I will make this again for sure. The only things I changed was I made double crust and used chopped onion."
"I make this recipe religiously! My family loves it and its a great way for my kids to get a ton of vegetables. I use fresh mushrooms and add celery for that yummy crunch. Absolutely delicious recipe!"
"I made this tonight because my boyfriend said that he wanted chicken pot pie kfc style. I bought 6 soup mugs and double the recipe and it only filled 5 of the mugs. Everybody raved about this meal and want me to make it again. It is really easy to make."