- baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve
- piping consistency. Tint frosting with cocoa and food coloring. Cut
- a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with
- Spread preserves over cookies to within 1/4 in. of edges. Pipe lines
- across the top of each cookie, forming a lattice. Pipe a fluted edge
- around the tops of cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
Blueberry Pie Cookies: Substitute blueberry jam for the cherry preserves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 112 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.