- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-in. lengths
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry onions, cashews and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Classic Cashew Beef for Two in Taste of Home
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Classic Cashew Beef for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >