VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-in pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, divided
- 4 green onions, cut into 1-in. lengths
- 1/3 cup lightly salted cashews
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1/2 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry onions, cashews and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Classic Cashew Beef for Two in Taste of Home