My family loves stir-fries, and I love them even more because they are healthy and easy to prepare. I’ve been making this recipe for years.—Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 8 green onions, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 2/3 cup lightly salted cashews
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry onions, cashews and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Classic Cashew Beef in Taste of Home June/July 2011, p43
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Classic Cashew Beef
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review