- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Classic Carrot Cake
Sort By :
Great recipe. very moist. I baked this in a fluted bundt cake pan and it took 55 minutes to cook it through. Will definitely save and make many more times.
It was a great hit for a dish to pass at a family get together. A lot of comments on how moist it was
Very tastey and moist we all lved it
I made this recipe exactly as it called for but I baked two 9" round pans @ 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes instead of a 13"X 9"baking dish . It was the best. After icing it with one layer between the 2 cakes and all around the outside, I patted chopped walnuts all around the outside. Great presentation!
I am just an ok cook, this cake is the best, perfect every time,makes me look like a pro.