- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Classic Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"It was fantastic and delicious taste"
"This is my "go to" recipe for carrot cake. It is delicious. I add raisins but otherwise follow the recipe exactly. There is, however, absolutely NO WAY this bakes in 35-40 minutes. It is now in my oven in a ceramic pan and has been there for 60 minutes. I am giving it ten more minutes... And no, there is nothing wrong with my oven. It always takes at least an hour to bake!"
"This carrot cake was very simple. I made it for a friends birthday and they thought it was great. I had made the cream cheese frosting between 2 layers and decorated the cake using buttercream. I did use vegetable oil rather than the canola and it was fine."
"Excellent excellent excellent!"