- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Classic Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Very good! I liked the brown sugar, over white sugar in the this recipe."
"Excellent!!! Dense and moist and so easy! The frosting was great too! It barely lasted 3 days!"
"This cake is just like a recipe I got from a friend 30 years ago. My frosting is a little different, but very good. 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese, 1/4 c. butter, 2 tsp. vanilla, 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice and a 16 oz. box of powdered sugar. The frosting makes more than you need (but it freezes beautifully.) Delicious cake!!!"
"First ever homemade carrot cake & it was amazing!! Great recipe!!"
"Great recipe. very moist. I baked this in a fluted bundt cake pan and it took 55 minutes to cook it through. Will definitely save and make many more times."