- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Classic Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Awesome carrot cake. This was my first time making this and everyone loved it! I actually made them cupcakes :)"
"The recipe was very good and I will make this again. The only small change was the amount of sugar in the cake. I used 3/4 cup of white and brown instead of the 1 cup of each. It worked out very well."
"I've tried other carrot cake recipes with varying degrees of success. But now I've found my KEEPER! This is good, moist and easy! The only thing I did differently is that I added about 1/4 cup of sweetened, shredded coconut to the wet mixture. And from some of the other reviews I gathered that the full recipe of icing was way too much so I only made a half recipe. It was just right."
"Very good! I liked the brown sugar, over white sugar in the this recipe."
"Excellent!!! Dense and moist and so easy! The frosting was great too! It barely lasted 3 days!"