Classic Bumbleberry Pie Recipe
What a delightful ending to any meal! Apple, raspberries and rhubarb work in unison to create this fresh-flavored pie. Judy Parker - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Stir in the rhubarb, apple and raspberries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of plate. Spoon filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in pastry. Place pastry over filling; trim, seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Bumbleberry Pie in Simple & Delicious May 2010, p55
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Classic Bumbleberry Pie(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2010
Great pie to start out the rhubarb season with! Delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Pie Baking >
- Pie Recipes >
- Raspberry Pies >