Classic Bumbleberry Pie
What a delightful ending to any meal! Apple, raspberries and rhubarb work in unison to create this fresh-flavored pie. Judy Parker - Albuquerque, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 3 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and tapioca. Stir in the rhubarb,
- apple and raspberries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge
- of plate. Spoon filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry to fit
- top of pie. Cut slits in pastry. Place pastry over filling; trim,
- seal and flute edges. Cover edges loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake 30-35 minutes
- longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on
- a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 459 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven