Classic Blueberry Buckle Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Pour into greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberry mixture.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 581 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 95 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Blueberry Buckle
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.