Classic Bananas Foster Recipe
The flavors of caramel, rum and walnut naturally complement fresh bananas in this classic dessert made easy!—Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
- 5 medium firm bananas
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- Vanilla ice cream or sliced pound cake
- 1. Cut bananas in half lengthwise, then widthwise; layer in the bottom of a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker. Combine the brown sugar, butter, rum, vanilla and cinnamon; pour over bananas. Cover and cook on low for 1-1/2 hours or until heated through.
- 2. Sprinkle with walnuts and coconut; cook 30 minutes longer. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (calculated without ice cream or pound cake) equals 462 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 99 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC