Classic Apple Cranberry Tart Recipe
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this elegant-looking fruit tart. Try it with vanilla ice cream served alongside. --Sue Myers
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim pastry even with edge.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-in. apple cookie cutter. Place over filling.
- 3. Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 208 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Classic Apple Cranberry Tart
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC