Classic Apple Cranberry Tart Recipe
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim pastry even with edge.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-in. apple cookie cutter. Place over filling.
- 3. Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 208 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Classic Apple Cranberry Tart
"This is excellant with thansgiving dinner. It is not only a dessert but can be served as small cranberry tarts or apple cranberry tarts. Letf overs are delicious!"