Classic Apple Cranberry Tart
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this elegant-looking fruit tart. Try it with vanilla ice cream served alongside. --Sue Myers
12-16 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a
- 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an
- ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim pastry
- even with edge.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and
- cinnamon. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining
- pastry to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-in. apple
- cookie cutter. Place over filling.
- Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40
- minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden.
- Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 208 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium,