Classic Apple Cranberry Tart Recipe
A few simple ingredients are all you need to make this elegant-looking fruit tart. Try it with vanilla ice cream served alongside. --Sue Myers
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry into a 13-in. circle. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim pastry even with edge.
- In a bowl, combine the cranberries, apples, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Pour into crust. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with a floured 1-in. apple cookie cutter. Place over filling.
- Place tart pan on a warm baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Serve warm. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Apple Cranberry Tart in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p280
Reviews for Classic Apple Cranberry Tart(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2010
This is excellant with thansgiving dinner. It is not only a dessert but can be served as small cranberry tarts or apple cranberry tarts. Letf overs are delicious!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Cranberry Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Apple Tart >
- Apple Tart Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cranberry Apple Pie >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Fruit Tart Recipes >
- Pie Baking >