For a little old-fashioned goodness, treat your clan to this divine dish that bakes up warm and bubbly. It's great on its own or served with a scoop of ice cream. —Billie Moss, Walnut Creek, California
Featured In: 18 Recipes to Make with Apple Cider
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine apples, cranberries, 1/4 cup brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour into a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. In a small bowl, mix flour and remaining brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly. If desired, serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Classic Apple Cranberry Crisp in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p23
Reviews for Classic Apple Cranberry Crisp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review