Classic Antipasto Platter Recipe
- 1 pound fresh part-skim mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pickled pepper rings, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) colossal Sicilian olives, drained
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 can (3-3/4 ounces) sardines, drained
- 1 can (2 ounces) anchovy fillets, drained
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami, prosciutto or smoked ham, optional
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. On a large serving platter, arrange the first nine ingredients; adding sliced meats if desired. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper; drizzle over antipasto. Yield: 14-16 servings.
1 serving equals 203 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Classic Antipasto Platter
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.